Tuesday, September 12, 2017

10,000 Steps Later

Word Count: 257
The title of my blog is "10,000 Steps Later". I chose to do this post last in order to explain the title but also explain my feelings on it. Every day I have a goal of taking 10,000 steps, it is a recommendation from the American Heart Association to take at least 10,000 steps every day. There is very few days, especially at Rutgers, where I do not reach this goal. This step count however is also a representation of how busy I really am. Sometimes, I do not realize all of the things I am putting myself through. I hate sitting still so if I am not doing school work, I am at actual work, or I wake up hours earlier than a normal student just to go to the gym. It is both a blessing and a curse to be active like this. Some days, I really need to relax and sit still but mentally I cannot always do that. At the same time, I never find myself procrastinating and putting off work because there is no other time I can do things. I set myself to a strict schedule which is helpful during the week, but not when I try to make plans with others or genuinely just go with the flow. I always think in advance because I want to be a "go-getter". Sometimes though, I wish I could just sit back and relax and let life take me on its own journey, rather than all the decisions being made by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment