Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Finding a Home

Word Count: 143
This is my second year living on the Douglass campus. I did not want to live here my freshman year, but last minute I decided to join the Douglass Residential College. This ended up being one of the best decisions I have made at Rutgers. Being apart of DRC provides multiple resources and I have come into contact with amazing people. Some of my biggest support systems were women I met because of the program. Other than being apart of DRC, Douglass is just a beautiful location. At home, I am used to being in a "woodsy" area, surrounded by trees and mountains. Douglass is as close as I will get to what I grew up around. My favorite season is fall and I cannot wait for the trees here to start changing colors. Spring is also beautiful because there are flowers every where. I love it here, it is my home.

1 comment:

  1. I think its funny how you said you didn't like Douglass at first and now you do. That reminded me of the way I felt about Cook. Last year I didn't like it at all but now that I no longer live there I miss it everyday. I guess you never know how good things are until they are gone. I'm glad you joined the DRC and being a transfer student I feel like I have to find my niche or org to be apart of to really be able to meet amazing people and develop great friendships like you did!

    ReplyDelete