Friday, September 8, 2017

My Hero

Word Count: 148
I found this picture of my mom. It amazes me when I see pictures from when she was my age because we look so much alike. My mom is my hero. She inspires me everyday because of her strength. She always encouraged me to adventure and my life defining moments were because of her extraordinary efforts as a mother. She encouraged me to never give up on my dreams, one of her dreams included me attending Rutgers. I am honored to be living her dream and I know that she is proud of me. My mother was diagnosed with ovarian cancer my freshman year of high school. She battled very hard, she went through chemo and radiation, but the illness took her life during my sophomore year. Every day I feel her with me along my journey, I wouldn't be able to do it without my guardian angel.

3 comments:

  1. You look just like her! I'm sorry for your loss and I'm so happy you were able to live out her dream for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this picture and thank you for sharing it with us. I also like overall how you've made this blog your own, by adding a cool background, choosing a font that speaks to you, and finding a title that makes sense to your life. For next time, consider adding a descriptive header and an About Me page. Moving forward, make sure your blog posts are in one single post per assignment with the word count included. All of the writing is very clear and concise here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aimee,
      Hopefully you can help me thursday on how to put up the word count and the about me page, I thought I did it correctly but I guess not. Thank you for your comments!

      Delete