Saturday, September 9, 2017

The 24 Hour Shift

Word Count: 143
On campus, other than working at the dining hall, I am a resident assistant on the Douglass Campus. I am within a first year dorm. I had my first official weekend shift this Friday night. During weekend shifts I am "on duty" for a 24 hour period, I stay inside the building for this duration of time. I am very lucky because I have a really awesome staff, featured in this picture is Johan. Also featured in this picture is a bag of Peruvian Inca corn and dark chocolate peanut butter cups. One of my staff members went to Trader Joe's and brought those back for me. One of the most important things we do as an RA is that we build a community, this is done through programming. It is not an easy job, but thankfully I have my staff supporting me.

No comments:

Post a Comment